Welcome to my Blog!

Thank you for coming here to read what I have to say. I hope that out of everything I write that each and every one of you takes something away from here and applies in your life. Remember one thing, God loves you and there is nothing YOU can do about it!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

He loves you for who you are

Hello Everyone!
This is my first blog and I am so excited to be able to have this opportunity to share with you guys about what I feel, or what I have personally received in my life. So, the things I write here I hope help you in some way.

He loves you for who you are!

That has been playing through my heart the past few days, so I figured I would come here and encourage you as I have been encouraging myself.

God created everyone of us after His own image, that most of us know. I don't think a lot of us understand though, just what that means. God's image is perfect, He is greater then this world, universe and anything else that you can think of. I think as people growing up in a corrupt world our view of ourselves has been hindered by media, television, people's opinions and the push to be perfect. So many men and women spend hours picking themselves apart, because they are not "perfect".

Here is a question though, who determines what perfect is in your life? Media and the worlds views? Or
God? If you are determining who you are through the world, then of course you are not going to be perfect nobody is. Because there is always going to be somebody who is so unhappy about themselves that they have to pick apart someone else to feel better. The world is run by Satan, who is a liar and a deceiver.

So many people who have eating disorders, who are suicidal, depressed are that way because somebody somewhere told them they weren't perfect or they wouldn't be loved if they weren't a size 0, or if they had blonde hair, or if their nose was one inch smaller. I myself have been caught up in this mindset for a long time, that was until I realized something, am I not God's child? I was created by God for a purpose, I was created after His image which by the way, is PERFECT. Just as all of you are.

It is so easy for us as humans to revert to worldly thinking and getting caught up in what other people have to say about us.

God has created us perfect, complete lacking nothing in HIM! Because you are all children of God, you ARE perfect, you ARE complete. It doesn't matter if you are short, tall, thin, bigger, blonde or black hair, you are perfect. NEVER let anybody tell you that you aren't, because the fact is, they are wrong.

In the past few days, God has been working a miracle in my heart. I will be honest, I have needed a LOT of work and I am not afraid of admitting that. This shows everyone that by myself I am not perfect, but with Him I am. I found myself going down a bad path, the path of giving up. I think out of all the dangerous things that can happen in your life, one of the most dangerous things is when you give up.  When that happens, you don't care what happens to you till one day you wake up and realize you are 100 years old and have accomplished nothing. You are on this earth for a reason, and if you let life walk away from you then you will live a boring and unfulfilled life.

I encourage each and everyone of you to take a step with me, lets walk forward encouraged and happy knowing that there is nothing you can do to make you any more perfect then you already are!

Now don't get me wrong eating healthy and exercising is very good for your body! That will help you live a long and happy life. But until you exercise for the right reasons, it wont benefit you.

Take risks, stick your head out of the walls you guys have built for protection. Wake up every morning and look in the mirror and say, "I am beautiful, I am perfect, I am complete in Jesus". Say it everyday! Even if you don't "feel" like it or believe it, say it anyway.

I will post more blogs as things are laid on my heart, I might even write another one tonight, I just really felt to the need to drop this small word of encouragement!

I love you guys! <3

1 comment:

  1. Ashley I am so happy that you created a blog not only that is beautiful and empowering but one that is straight from the heart. I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete